Support Entity for the Continuum of Care
CHIP - Coalition for Homelessness Intervention & Prevention is designated as the Support Entity for the Indianapolis Continuum of Care (CoC). The Support Entity has the staff and skills to coordinate CoC members as they implement coordinated community efforts to prevent and end homelessness.
- Convening and facilitating the Blueprint Council and key working groups
- Monitoring strategic coherence across efforts
- Coordinating communication within the CoC
- Managing collective data systems (HMIS) and information distribution
- Mobilizing planning efforts that frame future community-wide plans, and their revisions
- Stewarding resources for collective impact, as appropriate
- Providing logistical support for Continuum responsibilities as in Interim Rule – 24 CFR §578.7
The Support Entity is not a “lead” entity, but rather performs the roles of advocate, planning consultant, project manager, and logistical staff. However, the Support Entity is able to delegate elements of its responsibility to appropriate Continuum members and/or contracted support as appropriate. CHIP also plays an important role in coordinating community outreach and advocacy in addition to its other support roles.
Learn more about CHIP
Curious about CHIP and its work with the Indianapolis CoC? Visit the CHIP website to learn more about local community data, public policy initiatives, and other CHIP programs.